Hope everyone has had a great day so far! Today, I wanted to talk about something that is commonly misunderstood.. Metabolism. Don’t worry, its a complicated subject but you will feel EXTREMELY better once you understand how it all works and how to BOOST it!
What is the correct term for metabolism you may ask? Well, according to news-medical.net metabolism is described as a “term used to describe all chemical reactions involved in maintaining the living state of the cells and the organisms.” Say what?? Basically its what keeps you alive, what keeps your body working!
Your metabolism is NOT what determines weight-loss and weight-gain. As commonly taught in the real world. Good thing is you can trick your body into thinking you have a fast metabolism, especially if you are exercising regularly. You can definitely take control of your metabolism and here’s how:
- Eat a GOOD Breakfast– This should be done EVERY day! Don’t let your body go into starvation mode because that’s what will happen if you don’t eat breakfast! Try a mix of lean protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Ex: Oats, egg whites, fruits etc.
- Drink Water– I know, I know I always stress the water thing. But according to a study from the University of Utah people who drink 8-12 glasses of water a day had higher metabolic rates than those who only drank 4 glasses. Water is the body’s most natural detox. It is so important for so many different reasons!
- Kick up the Intensity– Next time you workout, kick up the intensity for 30 second intervals (I know.. cardio blah) and then returning to your normal speed. This will help you to consume more oxygen and your cells will burn energy faster! Less time and getting GOOD results! YES PLEASE.
- Omega- 3’s– Eat a lot of Omega-3 fatty acids to balance blood sugar, reduce inflammation and regulate metabolism. BEST part about this is I am taking the most PERFECT supplement for Omega-3’s. Check it out here! Really worth it!
- Green Tea– Believe it or not evidence shows that the active ingredient in this bad boy can boost your metabolism. The main ingredient may help improve fat oxidation and thermogenesis. Another great thing, one of my favorite metabolism boosters is called thermofit and it is actually made with green tea extract! AMAZING! Great for energy also! Find it Here.
- Protein– Your body will digest protein more slowly than fat and carbs so you feel fuller longer. It all makes sense now! It also helps with thermogenesis. Diets higher in protein preserve lean body mass! Want to know something even BETTER! I have the best PROTEIN powder available! All natural ingredients. I love the vanilla but haven’t tried the chocolate yet (I definitely plan to soon)! Find it Here!
These are my top tips but there are so many more. Try to find what works for you and your body. Every one is different. Don’t give up! There are ways to motivate yourself and to kick your body into gear! Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to sign up HERE to find out how to get discounts on my products!